Local garage has damaged my car - what should I do?

I took my car in to a local garage for an MoT and service. During the course of the service the driver window was put down and got stuck. The garage are now quoting my £339 to fix the window as it won't wind back up. Shouldn't the garage cover the cost of this?
Unless the door had to be shut and the window left open to hook the car up to diagnostic equipment, you're right. Pay the repair cost under written protest, then use the small claims track of the county court to try to recover it.
Answered by Honest John on

Ask Honest John