Do I need a special tool to get my 2003 Ford Focus' sump nut off?

My 2003 Ford Focus' sump nut has rounded off. Is there a tool to get the sump nut off so I can replace it?
Sorry but we do not have precise details for each make and model of car. If you are going to renew the drain plug, then it would be prudent to check to see if a normal socket (metric) will fit. I would not think that a special tool would be required.
Answered by Alan Ross on

Ask Honest John