Citroen relay 2008 - Citroen relay, intermittent starting problem, - ColinD

Hi all. My van has started blowing a 30 amp ignition fuse. It only blows occasionally, say every 10-15 starts. I've replaced the erg on the recommendation of the aa guy (igni2is wired through it apparently) replaced the starter motor, and replaced the ignition switch (not the whole ignition barrel). But it still does it. Tonight the van failed to turn over at all.

I pulled the ignition fuse, thinking it was blown again, but it wasn't. I put it back in and the van started. I don't know if that helped or was a coincidence.

So as the van works most of the time I'm at a loss to know how to look for the fault?

Any suggestions gladly received

Thanks

Citroen relay 2008 - Citroen relay, intermittent starting problem, - elekie&a/c doctor
Is the fuse in the engine bay fuse box? Does it only blow when the ignition switch is moved to the “crank” position? Does it blow with the engine running?

Yes, it's a 30 amp maxi, in the engine bay fuse box. What has happened in the key is turned to the Crank position. There is no Crank, then on inspection the fuse is found to be blown.

It has never blown a fuse with the engine running.

Citroen relay 2008 - Citroen relay, intermittent starting problem, - elekie&a/c doctor
It’s usually the starter motor that causes this problem,but you say it’s already been replaced. I think I would be looking at a possible wire shorting out between the fuse box and the starter motor.

Thanks, I'll try and look

Citroen relay 2008 - Citroen relay, intermittent starting problem, - Daniel allarakhia

I'm having same problem 2019 citroen relay. Did you ever get to the bottom of the issue ? My fuse keeps blowing however last time the fuse went ignition lights come on but wouldn't crank I put a live straight to starter motor and it started and now is starting fine. However I know its going to happen again. Help please ??

Edited by Daniel allarakhia on 05/05/2024 at 09:44