Suzuki Vitara - Suzuki Vitara Allgrid twitchy at high speed - NBUK
Hello,

I purchased a used 2019 Vitara 1.4 allgrid auto a few months ago. This is my first car. I practiced in the last few months. The car is very easy to drive around town and turning is accurate. I found the car steering to be on the light side and feel a bit twitchy after 50mph. My sister used to drove Volvo V40 said steering is lighter than hers. Can someone tell me if it has speed sensitive power steering? can I make it a bit heavier at high speed or I need to adapt to it? My tyres pressure set to 33psi.

Thanks
Suzuki Vitara - Suzuki Vitara Allgrid twitchy at high speed - Ethan Edwards

Have you tried the obvious?

Gettiing the wheels balanced, 4 wheel steering aligned. Then asking a mechanic to look at the bushes/ball joints/ track rod ends etc. Then you could replace bushes with silicon version. In that order.

Look at the wear pattern on the front tyres. I had a 67 Vitara S 1.4 allgrip auto and was really happy with it. Yes it's lighter than some. Don't recall if mine had variable assistance or not. It's a good car.

Suzuki Vitara - Suzuki Vitara Allgrid twitchy at high speed - elekie&a/c doctor
What make tyres do you have ? The steering on these is electric. There’s not much feel to it . You can adjust some drive settings in the dash menu.
My front tyres are kormoran manufacturing date code point to last year. Rear tyres are original Continental. Both are 215/55 R17 size. I will look for settings in the dashboard.

Thanks.
Hello

Thankyou for your reply. I could not find abnormal wear pattern. It is an approved used from main dealer and should be checked 4 months ago when I got it. I had independent mechanics to check it before buying it. The front tyres were installed a few months before I bought (I checked the manufacturing date code). The rear tyres were original continental.

Suzuki Vitara - Suzuki Vitara Allgrid twitchy at high speed - elekie&a/c doctor
Korm**** tyres are a mid range tyre , part of the Michelin group . I’ve got them on my bmw . They are an ok middle of the road product . You may find the continentals a better proposition.