Mercedes C180 2008 - Intermittent rear indicator failure - AB1

I have a Mercedes C180 - 2008. The rear indicators and rear windscreen air-con randomly stop working. Sometimes whilst driving or as soon I start the engine. I turn the engine off, remove the key, leave it for a few seconds, restart the engine and everything works again. Has anyone else come across this problem and know what is the cause/solution?

Thank you.

Mercedes C180 2008 - Intermittent rear indicator failure - madf

Bad earth at rear.

Mercedes C180 2008 - Intermittent rear indicator failure - elekie&a/c doctor
All these functions are controlled by the rear “Sam “ ( signal acquisition module) . It’s located in the boot . I would check all the connections to it and make sure there’s no evidence of water ingress . Also check connectors at both rear light clusters . Inspect for any overheating on the terminal pins.

Thanks for your reply. I will take a look and see if anything looks out of place. I'm no mechanic so I imagine I'll need to take it to a garage to get it looked at properly. Do you what price range this problem usually costs?

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. If this is the case is it usually an easy thing to diagnose? Is it also a costly repair?

Thank you.

Mercedes C180 2008 - Intermittent rear indicator failure - elekie&a/c doctor
I would get it looked at first . It may be a connector issue . If the Sam is faulty, they are about £300 . Plenty of s/hand units available.

Okay. Thanks for your help and advice. Much appreciated.

Edited by AB1 on 15/10/2023 at 21:23