Strange phenomenon - Andrew-T

Sitting in garden this morning reading paper, suddenly noticed a steady hum. Not plane, or approaching train. A minute later hundreds of insects appeared above the lawn - bigger than mozzies, smaller than bees - stayed for about half a minute and moved on, presumably on the gentle breeze. Soon after that there appeared a strong smell, best described as cat-pee, which also cleared after about a minute. Don't recall having this experience before - any ideas ?

Strange phenomenon - galileo

I saw a strange phenomenon last Thursday, walking through the town centre I saw two PCs strolling along, each holding a new, wooden broom handle.

Thought it was odd, walked further to the Post Office and another PC passed me, also holding a new, wooden broom handle. Having posted my letter, what should I see but all three PCs with someone against a wall, being searched (one PC holding 2 broom handles so his mate had hands free to pat the guy down).

I'm sure someone on this forum can think of a sensible explanation.

It did occur to me that with the prevalence of knife crime, a broom handle extends your each a good 2 feet beyond the reach of present batons, and less likely to cause serious injury. (Cheaper too than extending metal batons, an example of Yorkshire thrift and ingenuity!)

Unless they are going to fit besom broom heads and play Quidditch?

Strange phenomenon - Ethan Edwards

Highly unlikely to be Police. More likely to be some LARPers playing at being mythical historic figures..you know PCs on the beat.

Strange phenomenon - primus 1

You could say you had a brush with the law…

Strange phenomenon - Adampr

Stink bugs?

Strange phenomenon - John F

Flight of experimental nanodrones carrying nanobots primed with anthrax spores out of range of control. Do you live anywhere near a top secret military facility?

Strange phenomenon - galileo

Flight of experimental nanodrones carrying nanobots primed with anthrax spores out of range of control. Do you live anywhere near a top secret military facility?

Next time I see them I'll post a picture, I was sober and they were genuine cops, searching a suspect as I passed them.