Peugeot 307 Glx 16V (2003) - Anti-pollution warning light - Kate Desforges

Hi there, the anti-pollution warning light has recently come on in my Peugeot 307 Glx 16V. The garage plugged it in and said that it is possibly a fault with the catalytic converter, but have advised in the first instance to use some cat cleaner and take it for a motorway spin. If this doesn't fix it, they said I might need a new one, which is hundreds of pounds and probably more than the car is worth. It has only just passed it's MOT (the warning light came on a couple of weeks after), and has just has a service, so I'd like to try to rescue it if possible, rather than getting a new car. I did a bit of online research and there was a youtube video which seemed to suggest that removing and cleaning the timing control solenoid valve might help, and also changing the 02 sensor. Any advice most welcome! (I am no mechanic but have changed the battery and lights myself in the past - so happy to get my hands dirty to an extent as long as it doesn't involve potentially electrocuting myself or taking the engine apart!).

Edited by Kate Desforges on 02/04/2024 at 12:18

Peugeot 307 Glx 16V (2003) - Anti-pollution warning light - elekie&a/c doctor
What is the fault logged by the scanner?
Peugeot 307 Glx 16V (2003) - Anti-pollution warning light - Kate Desforges

I don't know - should they have told me? It says on the invoice catalytic faulty EML.

Peugeot 307 Glx 16V (2003) - Anti-pollution warning light - Brit_in_Germany

Here's a useful thread to read through. The Hall-effect sensor looks a promising issue.

Peugeot 307 (2001 - 2007) - 03 110, Anti Pollution System Fault light. | Technical matters | Back Room Forum | Honest John

Peugeot 307 Glx 16V (2003) - Anti-pollution warning light - elekie&a/c doctor
I’m guessing this is a petrol engine . So no dpf fitted . Unfortunately you can’t guess what the problem is, but at least with a fault code logged , they’ll be some direction to take .