Fisker - Fisker on the brink... - pd

Looks as if Fisker is heading towards bankruptcy.

I think that's a bit of a shame as although apparently they had a few niggles they were an interesting addition.

Also a shame to get as far as actually producing some cars and getting them on the road then to fail just when revenue starts coming in. Shows just how difficult and what deep pockets you need to create a car startup however.

Edited by pd on 26/03/2024 at 07:45

Fisker - Fisker on the brink... - mcb100
I know freelancers who’ve been working on behalf of Fisker for weeks on end facilitating test drive events.
I hope they’ve already been paid…
I did note that talks with Nissan had fallen through, so I wonder if anyone else will snap up the intellectual property of the company.
Fisker - Fisker on the brink... - pd
I know freelancers who’ve been working on behalf of Fisker for weeks on end facilitating test drive events. I hope they’ve already been paid… I did note that talks with Nissan had fallen through, so I wonder if anyone else will snap up the intellectual property of the company.

Probably Nissan! It's the old trick of finding out what you want about a company then deciding it is cheaper to buy what you want from the administrators than the shareholders.

Fisker - Fisker on the brink... - Terry W

Auto express article end-February - New Fisker Ocean 2024 review: a serious Tesla Model Y rival | Auto Express.

The impression is of "work in progress" rather than a finished vehicle ready for market.

Nice looking but whether it would ever be a contender - price, quality, performance - is debatable. History is littered with wannabee car makers who fail due to lack of funding, ability or existing competition..

Tesla is probably a rare exception - they had a very clear strategy for what was a new EV market, including Tesla specific charging arrangements, and limited competition on launch.

Fisker - Fisker on the brink... - alan1302

Auto express article end-February - New Fisker Ocean 2024 review: a serious Tesla Model Y rival | Auto Express.

The impression is of "work in progress" rather than a finished vehicle ready for market.

Nice looking but whether it would ever be a contender - price, quality, performance - is debatable. History is littered with wannabee car makers who fail due to lack of funding, ability or existing competition..

Tesla is probably a rare exception - they had a very clear strategy for what was a new EV market, including Tesla specific charging arrangements, and limited competition on launch.

They have certainly done well...think a lot of other companies have come in thinking they can do the same and found it to be a lot harder and tougher...at the end of the day they are still just cars just with a electric motor rather than an ICE powering it and all the larger companies know how to make the cars already so not surprising really that smaller companies with bid ideas are starting to falter a bit now.

Fisker - Fisker on the brink... - hojojo

The car industry is very tough, especially for new companies such as Fisker. Their experience truly reveals the intense complications of producing cars and the fierce competitiveness. It is certainly a challenging task, yet firms such as Fisker continue to extend the limits in the electric vehicle sector, creating paths for thrilling advancements ahead. Their intense effort plays a significant role in how this industry grows, and it should be acknowledged.

Fisker - Fisker on the brink... - Falkirk Bairn

It's not just newbies that are losing money on EVs .

VW Ford & GM are chalking up $Billions on development costs and often losing money on the ones they are selling.

It's not just newbies that are losing money on EVs .

VW Ford & GM are chalking up $Billions on development costs and often losing money on the ones they are selling.

That is how new development usually works - and they are you profitable companies so any losses as the moment are made up elsewhere.

Fisker - Fisker on the brink... - Sofa Spud

But making EVs will become more profitable as battery costs come down, which they have done and are likely to continue to do. Manufacturers won't necessarily reduce the retail price of EVs, so more margin for manufacturers. It will still be a win situation for customers too because if batteries become cheaper, they should also be cheaper to replace if you're unfortunate enough to need to do that.

But making EVs will become more profitable as battery costs come down, which they have done and are likely to continue to do. Manufacturers won't necessarily reduce the retail price of EVs, so more margin for manufacturers. It will still be a win situation for customers too because if batteries become cheaper, they should also be cheaper to replace if you're unfortunate enough to need to do that.

I think they will need to reduce the prices to keep sale going, especially against some of the new Chinese companies coming in like BYD. I don't see the profit margins on cars changing too much from what they are. And to be fair there are cheaper EVs on the cards from the established names as well - as well as something like the Citroen Ami which is very cheap for an EV - although obviously not for everyone.