Hyundai - Do I have to pay fir a test drive? - Caramac

I recently went to a Hyundai garage to look at some cars and basically let myself get pushed into considering a slightly larger type of car than I was originally thinking of I was told I needed to pay £99 to reserve a test drive for the following week.

At home I was thinking about it and decided I didn't wantvto do a test drive on that car so I phoned the garage to cancel and could I have my money back please, in short I have contacted them three times by phone and once by email and they still have not refunded me.

Has anyone else had this?

Hyundai - Do I have to pay fir a test drive? - Adampr

The £99 isn't for a test drive, it's for them to hold the car for you until you can test drive it.

You could always go for the test drive and ask for it back then (or buy the car if you like it). If you don't want to go there and they're not responding, ask your bank to recover the money.

Hyundai - Do I have to pay fir a test drive? - Palcouk

If any garage asked me to pay to "reserve a test drive" I would turn round and walk out

They give you the money back when you go for the test drive.

Hyundai - Do I have to pay fir a test drive? - alan1302

If any garage asked me to pay to "reserve a test drive" I would turn round and walk out

So would I - I know AdamPR says they will give you your money back after the test drive but if they want a sale from me there is no way I'm paying out any money to test drive a car - especially not £99

You don't have to pay it for a test drive. It's a holding deposit so that they won't sell the car to anyone else until you've had the opportunity to test it. Presumably, it was introduced because so many people were desperate to buy cars and kept asking if they could hold them until they could get there.

I was offered the opportunity the other day and declined. The car was still available when I got there.

Hyundai - Do I have to pay fir a test drive? - focussed

Cunningly the £99 charge is below the £100 or more lower limit for a section 75 chargeback on a credit card.

Hyundai - Do I have to pay fir a test drive? - defluniclo

Most car dealerships will let you take a car for a test drive without charge. They may ask for some form of identification, such as a driver's license, but this is simply to ensure that you are who you say you are. The dealership wants you to be happy with your purchase, and they know that the best way to do that is to let you try out the car before you buy it. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. For example, if you're test driving a high-end luxury car, the dealership may charge a fee in order to offset the cost of insurance. In addition, some rental car companies will charge a fee for test drives. Overall, though, you shouldn't have to pay anything to take a car for a spin.