Hyundai i10 - Insurance cancelled - Trixter1972
The story is
I did a policy in good faith
We have evidence of 3yrs ncd I thought
I sent evidence of 3yrs ncd from my other car but they said it was not useab as already on a car ..they said they have to now cancel policy as they can’t amend the existing one
They are now saying I have to declare this but I already have arranged other insurance with nil ncd?
Will this cancelled policy be a black mark on me and will the new insurance company now cance their policy all because I’ve messed up, plus I’m the one that raised it
Please help me
Thanks
Hyundai i10 - Insurance cancelled - _

If you have multiple cars. your ncd is only valid on one of them. You can do that. but best people to help you are 1. the insurance company, or 2, possibly a better bet an insurance broker.. If no claim has been made you may well be on firmer ground.

Hyundai i10 - Insurance cancelled - Trixter1972
Thanks. No claim made. Literally less than a week old and I submitted insurance schedule from other insurance saying 3 yrs.. then the penny dropped and i realised it wasn’t applicable so I asked to amend policy to zero ncd. They said no and are cancelling from 18th. It’s not like they’re cancelling with immediate effect. So I’ve sorted new insurance with correct details from 18th. My concern is … is this cancellation a type that needs declaring to my new insurance company who in turn could cancel my new policy because I’ve had insurance cancelled by the first company
OH MY!! It’s so complicated sorry. I’m just really worried, but I’ve done nothing wrong intentionally and I’m the one that raised it.
Would the right thing to do be speak to my new insurance company and tell them the tale? Or just get over it and move on

Edited by Trixter1972 on 12/10/2022 at 20:53