Vw polo - No fault - getting excess back from foreign driver - Polo2008

My partner had an accident early may this year, about 4 months ago.

Basically a Polish lorry driver drove into the rear/side while he was stationary at a roundabout. Insurance paid for the damage but we are still waiting for the excess. Our insurance say they are chasing for admittance of liability but I'm concerned about what our insurance will cost at renewal in case this doesn't get sorted soon. They say because it's an overseas driver it takes longer, anyone had experience of this please?

Vw polo - No fault - getting excess back from foreign driver - _

A good many years ago, I was waiting at a traffic lights and the car behind me was shunted into me by the car that hit him. wrote off my car, but the problem was that the car that hit me was uninsured, and a foreigner at that. It took nearly 6 months to get paid out.

Been paid out just waiting for the liability admittance, I mean why does it take so long it's obvious who is at fault

All for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Vw polo - No fault - getting excess back from foreign driver - RT

Been paid out just waiting for the liability admittance, I mean why does it take so long it's obvious who is at fault

All for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

AFAIK you don't need the liability admittance - if you can show that the third party has paid all the costs, including refunding your excess, then it's just recorded as a "no fault" accident and doesn't affect your NCD.

That's the problem, we haven't had the excess and their side hasn't paid yet